We’ve scoured the shelves for great-tasting, nutritious products and selected our favourites to make your weekly shop easier…
1. Nakd Limited Edition Lemon Drizzle, 75p/35g, widely available (until September)
Lemon drizzle cake in (healthier) disguise… Packed with dates, coconut and almonds, it’s a sweet way to get one of your five-a-day.
Per 35g bar | 133kcal | 5.4g fat | 2.3g saturates | 17.7g sugars | 0.1g salt
2. Yorkshire Provender Fresh Dairy Free Porridge With Cranberries & Pumpkin Seeds, £1.79/300g, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s
This dairy-free, gluten-free porridge is mixed and ready to go. Eaten hot or cold, the texture’s surprisingly creamy.
Per pot (300g) | 234kcal | 7.8g fat | 4.5g saturates | 15g sugars | 0.1g salt
3. MyProtein Vegan Protein Bar, £23.99/18 x 50g bars, myprotein.com
For pre or post-workout fuelling we’re big fans of this fudgy vegan bar, which packs in 13g protein.
Per 50g bar (Choc Chip, Nut & Vanilla) | 231kcal | 14g fat | 4.3g saturates | 5.7g sugars | 0.2g salt
4. Meridian Peanut Butter With Pumpkin, Sunflower & Black Sesame Seeds, £2.49/280g, meridianfoods.co.uk
No salt, no palm oil – just 100% nuts and seeds. Warning: the tahini-like taste is addictive.
Per 20g | 127kcal | 10.4g fat | 1.8g saturates | 0.6g sugars | 0g salt
5. Alpro Oat Original, £1.40/1 litre, widely available
With its hint of natural sweetness, this milk alternative got full marks when it didn’t split after being added to our coffee.
Per 100ml | 44kcal | 1.5g fat | 0.1g saturates | 3.3 sugars | 0.1g salt
6. Abel & Cole Nourishing Meal Box, £11, abelandcole.co.uk
All you need for a pick-me-up meal for two. Recipes, along the lines of spiced daal, Japanese rice bowl and fermented noodle bowl, change each season.
Nutrition values vary
7. Nourish bowls, from £3.50/278g, Marks & Spencer
This bright new range of six nourish bowls makes eating the rainbow a cinch – and oh-so satisfying.
Per bowl (Edamame & Black Rice) | 395kcal | 16.2g fat | 2.7g saturates | 10.6g sugars | 1.3g salt
8. Linwoods Milled Flax, Chia Seed, Apple & Cinnamon, £4.99/200g, widely available
Stir a spoonful into porridge and you’ll think you’re having apple crumble for breakfast – but with omega-3 and fibre.
Per 30g | 152kcal | 10.9g fat | 1.1g saturates | 2g sugars | 0g salt
9. St Peter’s Without Alcohol Free Beer, £1.45/500ml, Tesco, Nisa, Oddbins, Whole Foods Market
Naturally alcohol-free, this malty beer is one of the best options for teetotallers we’ve tried. Enjoyable to the very last drop.
Per bottle | 135kcal | 0.5g fat | 0.5g saturates | 8g sugars | 0.g salt
10. Nature’s Heart Raw Dried Cacao-Covered Goldenberry Andean Superfruit Snack, £2.49/75g, Waitrose, Ocado
Somewhere between cranberries and sultanas, these berries taste all the better for a dusting of cacao.
Per 100g | 459kcal | 27.7g fat | 1.8g saturates | 25.6g sugars | 0.5g salt
11. Daily Cultures Breakfast Tea, £4/14 teabags, Sainsbury’s, Holland & Barrett
Swap supplements for a fuss-free probiotic cup of tea and get 1 billion taste-free, heat-resistant bacteria in every brew.
Per cup (Breakfast Tea) | 3kcal | 0g fat | 0g saturates | 0g sugars | 0g salt