- 2 eggs
- 100g fine polenta
- 1tsp gluten-free baking powder
- ½tsp smoked paprika
- 2 courgettes (400g total weight), coarsely grated and patted dry with kitchen paper
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2tbsp vegetable, sunflower or groundnut oil
- 4 poached eggs and 4tsp hot sauce or chilli sauce, to serve
- Heat the oven to its lowest setting. In a bowl, beat together the 2 eggs, polenta, baking powder and paprika with a fork. Stir the courgettes into the batter, along with the chilli and spring onion, then season with pepper.
- Heat half the oil in a heavy-based, non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add heaped dessertspoonfuls of the batter to the pan, 2 or 3 at a time, and pat down gently into discs. Fry for 2–3 min until golden on the bottom, then flip over and cook on the other side for 2–3 min more. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding a little more oil to the pan between each batch.
- Divide the courgette fritters among 4 plates, piling them up in small stacks. Top each with a poached egg, then drizzle with a few drops of hot sauce or chilli sauce and serve.
Nutrition per serving
298 15.2g 16.2g 3.6g 1.6g 2.9g 1g 91mg 23.1g 3.1mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.