- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, halved and thinly sliced diagonally
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 125g low-fat natural yogurt
- 2tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2tsp baby capers
- 4tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2tsp sunflower oil
- 4 x 170g salmon tail fillets (the thin triangular pieces)
- 4 wholemeal or rye bread rolls, halved
- 50g rocket
- Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Put the onion, cucumber, sugar and white wine vinegar in a small bowl. Stir, then set aside for 10 min to pickle.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, wholegrain mustard, baby capers and dill in a small bowl to make a dressing. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the salmon tail fillets and cook for 2–3 min on each side until golden and cooked through. Lightly toast the bread rolls.
- Top each roll bottom with some rocket and caper sauce, then add a salmon fillet and some cucumber pickle. Sprinkle with ground black pepper, then finish with the roll tops and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over, if you like.
Nutrition per serving
490kcal 42.8g 23.1g 4.1g 4.3g 6.6g 1.4g 190mg 29g 2.6mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.