- 75g brown rice
- 120g skinless chicken breast
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig, leaves stripped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 bacon medallion, chopped
- 80g mushrooms, quartered
- 100ml very low salt chicken stock
- 6 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- Cook the rice in unsalted water according to the pack instructions, then drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken in half horizontally to make 2 thin fillets. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 min on each side. Transfer to a warm plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Add the rosemary, onion, garlic, bacon and mushrooms to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 min or until the vegetables are soft and the bacon is cooked. Return the chicken to the pan and add the stock. Simmer for 2 min or until the chicken is almost cooked through. Add the plum tomatoes and cook for 2 min or until they’re softened and the sauce has reduced to about 4tbsp.
- Add the spinach and mustard to the pan and cook for 1 min to just wilt. Season with ground black pepper, then serve with the rice.
Nutrition per serving
562 49.7g 11.4g 2.2g 6.7g 9.5g 1.5g 173mg 69.4g 4.5mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.