- Zest and juice 1 lemon, plus 4 wedges to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tbsp dry sherry
- 400g skinless chicken mini fillets
- 175g quinoa
- 325g green beans, trimmed
- 200g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 2tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint, plus whole leaves to garnish
- Cooking oil spray
- Combine half the lemon zest and juice, half the garlic and the sherry in a shallow non-metallic dish. Add the chicken and stir to coat, then cover and put in the fridge to marinate for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, put 425ml water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Rinse the quinoa thoroughly, then add to the water. Bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 min or until all the water is absorbed. Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and leave to cool for 10 min.
- While the quinoa is cooling, clean the saucepan, fill with water and bring to the boil. Add the green beans and blanch for 1–2 min until tender-crisp. Drain, refresh under cold running water, then drain again. Thinly slice the beans into rounds, then add to the cooled quinoa with the tomatoes, cucumber, chopped herbs, and the remaining garlic, lemon zest and juice.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. Drain the chicken of excess marinade, then fry for 2–3 min on each side until cooked through.
- Divide the tabbouleh and chicken among 4 serving plates, garnish with whole mint leaves, then serve with a lemon wedge for squeezing over.
Nutrition per serving
314 32.7g 4.7g 0.8g 6.7g 5.5g 0.2g 91mg 33.4g 5.6mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.