- Cooking oil spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½–1tsp chilli powder, to taste, plus extra ¼tsp
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 2 x 400g tins black beans, drained
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 firm but ripe avocado, diced
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves to garnish
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and courgette and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5–6 min until soft. Add the garlic, chilli powder to taste and smoked paprika, then cook, stirring, for 1 min. Stir through the tomato purée and cook for 1 min more.
- Add the black beans and chopped tomatoes to the pan with 100ml water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 min or until the mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile, combine the avocado with the extra ¼tsp chilli powder in a small serving bowl. Warm the tortillas according to the pack instructions.
- Top the tortillas with the bean mixture and spicy avocado, then garnish with coriander leaves to serve.
Nutrition per serving
338 17.2g 11.5g 2.8g 49.6g 12.8g 1.3g 184mg 49.6g 4.6mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.