- 200g quinoa (mixture of dark and pale if available)
- 350ml very low salt vegetable stock
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1tsp ras el hanout (or harissa paste or paprika)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 100g pomegranate seeds (or raisins)
- Handful of fresh mint or coriander leaves, torn
- 2tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- Put the quinoa in a saucepan with the stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10–15 min until all the stock has been absorbed. Remove from the heat, cover and leave to stand for 5 min.
- Put the chickpeas into a wide bowl and add the oil, lemon juice and spice. Mix well to coat the chickpeas, then add the quinoa and all the other ingredients and gently toss them together. Season with freshly ground black pepper to serve.
Nutrition per serving
414 17.3g 13.3g 1.5g 10g 8.8g 0.2g 118mg 56.3g 6.3mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.