- 600g pumpkin flesh, roughly chopped
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 150g red lentils, rinsed
- 900ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 100g extra-light soft cheese, plus extra to serve (optional)
- Fresh coriander, to garnish (optional)
For the cheesy melts
- 50g reduced-fat cheese, grated
- 2 tortillas
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 50g baby spinach
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Put the pumpkin in a baking tray, spray with oil and bake for 15 min. Remove but leave the oven on.
- Meanwhile, spray a large pan with oil. Cook the onion and carrots for 5–7 min, then add the ground spices and chilli flakes and cook for a further 1 min.
- Add the cooked veg, the lentils and the stock to the pan. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 min. Allow to cool slightly, then add the soft cheese and blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- When the soup is almost ready, make the cheesy melts: sprinkle half the cheese over one tortilla. Top with the tomatoes, spinach and remaining cheese, then cover with the second tortilla. Bake for 4–5 min, then cut into wedges.
- Divide the soup among bowls, garnish with coriander and extra soft cheese,
Nutrition per serving
366 21.5g 6.1g 2.7g 9g 17.2g 2.3g 325mg 61g 5.7mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.