- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 200g skinless and boneless chicken thighs, finely chopped
- 30g sultanas or currants, roughly chopped
- 1tsp ground allspice
- 250g pack ready-to-heat long grain rice
- 1tbsp tamari
- 12 small (80–90g each) mixed peppers
- Orange wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then gently fry the onions for 5 min. Add the tomatoes, chicken pieces, sultanas or currants, allspice and 100ml water to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, then simmer for 5 min or until the liquid evaporates. Add the rice and tamari to the pan and mix well.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and set aside, then remove and discard the white membrane and seeds. Fill the peppers with the rice mixture, then cover with the reserved pepper tops and stand them in an ovenproof dish, so they fit snugly. Pour 75ml water into the dish, then cover and cook in the oven for 25–30 min.
- Serve the peppers drizzled with the cooking juices, with the orange wedges for squeezing over and a green salad or baby spinach, if you like.
Nutrition per serving
285 16.5g 6.1g 1.2g 7.8g 22.3g 0.8g 67mg 44.1g 2.1mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.