Swap shop bought dips, often high in salt, for these easy makes.
Our five low-calorie dip recipes are all low in calories and gluten free and most can be whipped up in under 10 minutes.
Prep: 5 min
Who doesn’t love some avocado-drenched guacamole? It’s filled with the deliciously bold flavours of coriander and lime, it’s a creamy dream and it’s easy to make. The one thing that’s not to love? The calories.
Avocados are nutritious but they’re high in calories and when they’re the base of something as delicious as guacamole it’s easy to lose count of how much you’ve had. In this mockamole recipe we swapped out an entire avocado and used peas and Greek yogurt instead. Sound weird? Give it a try, you’ll be surprised just how creamy and flavourful it is.
- 1 avocado
- ¼ red onion, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 100g steamed frozen peas, mashed and cooled
- 3tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 small tomato, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 handful coriander, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- In a bowl mash the red onion, tomato, garlic and lime juice together.
- In a separate bowl mash together the avocado and peas using the back of a fork.
- Combine the avocado and pea mixture with the onion mixture and add the remaining ingredients – yogurt, cumin, cayenne – and combine.
- Serve with Nairn’s gluten-free cracked black pepper crackers.
Per serving (based on serves 6):
Smoked oyster dip with crudites
A 10-minute dip that’s packed with protein-rich oysters.
Roasted carrot and cumin dip
Roasted carrots pair perfectly with the flavours of cumin and coriander in this easy dip recipe.
Avocado and feta dip
Arguably the easiest of the the bunch to make, this dip uses only five ingredients and takes just five minutes to whip up.
Beetroot, walnut and feta dip
This roasted beetroot dip tastes as good as it looks — it’s a real show-stopper on all counts.
Serve these dips with veg sticks – or try Nairn’s gluten-free cracked black pepper crackers if you’re looking for a cracker base, but want to keep the entire snack gluten-free.