Struggling with itchy eyes, incessant sneezing and a constant headache? Combat the pollen season with these 7 steps to reducing your hay fever symptoms.
1. Avoid going outdoors in the early morning and evening when pollen counts are highest.
2. Wear wrap-around sunglasses.
3. Keep house and car windows shut.
4. Don’t dry washing outside when pollen levels are high.
5. Start taking antihistamines two weeks before the pollen season starts.
6. Apply petroleum jelly to the rim of each nostril to act as a barrier to pollen.
7. Don’t let your pets get close to your face as pollen may have become trapped in their fur.