1. When stuck in traffic, squeeze your buttock muscles, hold for a count of 10, release and repeat.
2. In a long work meeting, work your pelvic floor muscles. Squeeze your muscles as if you were trying to stop the flow of urine, 10–15 times in a row. Try not to tighten your stomach, buttock or thigh muscles at the same time, and don’t hold your breath!
3. In the checkout queue do slow, controlled calf raises (standing with feet parallel, rise up on to the balls of your feet, then steadily lower your heels to the ground).
4. While waiting for the kettle to boil, sit on a hard- backed chair. Lift one foot off the floor, then stand up without using your arms. Lower to sitting position, then alternate legs.
5. In the ad breaks, put your hands on the edge of the sofa and shift your feet forward so your bottom comes off the edge. Use your arms to lower your body down and raise it again as many times as you can before the ads finish. These triceps dips help to banish bingo wings.
6. While waiting at the bus stop, clasp your hands in front of your chest, with elbows out to the sides. Push your hands together as hard as you can for five seconds. Release and repeat 10 to 20 times to tone your chest and help minimise underarm flab.