- 250g raw pumpkin seeds
- 100g raw sunflower seeds
- 100g raw sesame seeds
- 2tbsp nutritional yeast (see tip)
- 4tbsp untoasted sesame or sunflower oil
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Spread all the seeds in a baking dish and roast for 4–6 min, keeping an eye on them, until they start to brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool a little.
- Put the cooled seeds in a blender or food processor with the nutritional yeast and the sesame or sunflower oil. Blitz until the seed butter reaches a smooth texture, scraping the mixture down the side of the bowl if necessary.
- Transfer to a sterilised jar, seal with the lid and keep in the fridge for up to 1 month.
TIP For a sweeter version, replace the nutritional
yeast with 2tsp sweet cinnamon powder.
WE LOVE IT… in recipes in place of tahini or in salads
in place of hummus.