- 2kg pumpkin, peeled and chopped into chunks approx. 2-3cm
- 800g potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks approx. 2-3cm
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 100g butter
- 50ml olive oil
- 1tbsp ginger powder
- 1tbsp curry powder
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 reduced salt vegetable stock cubes, dissolved in 2ltr water
- Ground pepper, to season
- Crush the garlic cloves, then add the butter and oil to a wide-based saucepan and lightly fry the garlic and red onion. After 2-3 minutes, add the spices and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the pumpkin and potato chunks and fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season the vegetables with pepper, then add in the stock. Allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the veg has cooked thoroughly.
- Whizz in a blender, or use a hand-held processor to pulse until smooth. Check the seasoning and adjust quantities if necessary. Serve while still piping hot.
Check out more of our soup recipes here.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
236 4.1g 14g 6.2g 3.9g 5.2g 0.1g 93mg 21g 3.7mg