- 100g rolled oats
- 75g plain flour
- 50g wholemeal flour
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 75g light muscovado sugar
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- 4tbsp sunflower oil
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. In a bowl combine the oats, flours, coconut and sugar.
- Put the golden syrup, oil and 2tbsp cold water in a microwaveproof jug and stir with a fork to combine, then warm in the microwave for 25–30 sec. Add the bicarbonate of soda and whisk with a fork until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the syrup mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well. Drop dessertspoonfuls of the mixture into the prepared baking trays, leaving a 4cm gap between each one to allow space for the biscuits to spread. Flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10–12 min until the biscuits are golden, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
75 1.1g 3.3g 1.2g 1.1g 5g 0.1g 9mg 11.1g 0.4mg