- 2 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 125g blackberries
- For the crumble
- 60g self-raising flour
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 1tbsp low-fat spread
- 2 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
For the sponge
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper. Arrange the apples and blackberries in the base of the tin.
- In a small bowl, combine all the crumble ingredients and rub between your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over the fruit and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sponge ingredients together for 3–4 min until combined and light.
- Spread the mixture on top of the crumble, then bake in the oven for 35–40 min until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool in the tin for 15 min, then invert on to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. Leave fruit-side up and slice into 16 to serve. The cake will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
157 2.1g 9g 1.2g 1.1g 8.7g 0.2g 43mg 18g 0.4mg