- 4 eating apples, peeled and sliced
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- A few drops vanilla extract
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 300g blackberries
For the pancakes
- 150g plain flour
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 200ml skimmed milk
- Cooking oil spray
- To make the filling, put the apples, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a saucepan with 2tbsp water. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 10 min or until the apples are soft. Add the blackberries and cook for a further 5 min.
- Meanwhile, make the pancakes. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, milk and 100ml cold water and whisk until you have a smooth, thickened batter.
- Heat a 20cm non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and spray with oil. Add a small ladleful (about 4–5tbsp) of the batter to the hot pan and swirl around to coat. Cook for 1–2 min until golden, then toss or turn the pancake over with a spatula and cook for 1 min more or until golden. Transfer to a plate and cover with a clean thick tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more pancakes.
- Top each pancake with an eighth of the apple and blackberry mixture, then fold over. Serve 2 pancakes per person, with any leftover fruit mixture on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
300 10.1g 4.7g 1.1g 6.6g 29.1g 0.2g 168mg 57.7g 2mg