- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- Cooking oil spray
- 250g ricotta
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 2 medium aubergines (about 280g each), cut lengthways into 16 slices
- 100g rocket
- 50g watercress
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 thick slices of multigrain bread
- Heat the grill or barbecue to medium-high. Spray the peppers with a little oil and cook until charred, then put them in a bowl and cover with clingfilm. Allow to cool, then peel and discard the skin and seeds. Slice the flesh into thick strips, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the ricotta with the lemon zest, half the lemon juice, the herbs, garlic and chilli flakes.
- Spray the aubergine slices with a little oil, then grill or barbecue for 3–4 min on each side until tender and golden. Remove from the heat, then spread each slice evenly with the ricotta mixture (about 1tbsp per slice). Roll up the aubergine to enclose the filling, securing with a cocktail stick if necessary.
- Just before serving, chargrill the bread on both sides. Scatter the peppers, rocket and watercress over a large platter. Drizzle with the olive oil and the remaining lemon juice, then arrange the aubergine and ricotta rolls on top. Serve with the chargrilled bread on the side.
Nutrition per serving
280 13.7g 12.1g 5.3g 7.8g 10g 0.8g 336mg 31.3g 2.5mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.