- 3 aubergines, ends removed, cut lengthwise into 5mm slices
- Spray cooking oil
- 125g ball reduced-fat mozzarella-style cheese, finely chopped or grated
- 50g parmesan-style cheese, finely grated
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans finely chopped tomatoes
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 250g baby spinach
- A few flatleaf parsley leaves, to garnish
- 200g salad leaves, dressed with 1tbsp each lemon juice and olive oil, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line 2 baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
- Arrange the aubergine slices on the sheets, spray lightly with oil and put in the oven for 10-12 min until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine half the mozzarella-style cheese with the cottage cheese, parmesan-style cheese and the egg. Season with black pepper.
- Spray a large frying pan lightly with oil and set over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 min. Add the tomatoes, oregano and spinach and heat slightly.
- Spread half the tomato mixture on the bottom of a large baking dish. Spread about 1tbsp of the cheese mixture on each of the aubergine slices, then roll up each one and stand in the baking dish on top of the tomato layer.
- Top with the remaining tomato mixture and dot over the remaining mozzarella-style cheese. Bake for 15 min until the cheese is golden on top. Garnish with the parsley and serve with the dressed salad leaves.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
311 25g 13g 5.9g 8.5g 16g 0.8g 506mg 17g 4mg