- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Spray olive oil
- 200g wholewheat fusilli
- 175g frozen peas
- 250g asparagus, cut into 2cm lengths
- 4tbsp fresh basil leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 4tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- Heat the oven to 140ºC/fan 120°C/gas 2. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper, add the cherry tomatoes and spray with olive oil. Roast for 20 min.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Add the peas and asparagus for the last 2 min of the cooking time. Drain and return everything to the pan.
- Blitz the basil, parsley, pine nuts and lemon zest in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the avocado, lemon juice and 3–4 tbsp water and whiz until smooth. Season generously with freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir the pesto through the pasta. Divide among 4 bowls and serve topped with the tomatoes and extra basil.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
341 13g 11g 1.7g 12g 8.4g 0g 86mg 40g 4.2mg