- 4 small aubergines, halved lengthways
- Spray olive oil
- 200g reduced-fat hummus
- Juice 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 75g watercress
- 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2tbsp dried cranberries, chopped
- 1tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 4 mint sprigs, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Score the flesh of the aubergine halves in a criss-cross pattern, being careful not to pierce the skin. Put them cut-side down on the prepared tray and spray lightly with olive oil. Bake for 25–30 min, turning halfway, until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the hummus with 2tbsp water and half the lemon juice. Mix well..
- In another bowl, combine the watercress, fennel and remaining lemon juice with 1tbsp olive oil. Toss gently.
- Drizzle the aubergines with olive oil. Top with the hummus mixture, then scatter over the cranberries, pine nuts and chopped mint. Serve the aubergines with the watercress salad on the side and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
232 30g 13g 1.7g 9.7g 8.5g 0.5g 69mg 15g 1.4mg