- 400g spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g extra-lean beef mince
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 1tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1tsp sugar
- Cooking oil spray, to grease
- 75g edam, grated
- 25g parmesan, grated
- Handful of parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions, drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, celery and grated carrots, and gently fry for a few min. Stir through the garlic, then add the mince, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cook until browned.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, worcestershire sauce and sugar and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 min.
- Spray a large ovenproof dish with a little oil, then tip in the cooked spaghetti. Pour over the bolognese and lightly mix, then cover with the grated cheeses. Bake for 20–25 min until the cheese is melted and golden. Serve, garnished with parsley.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
510kcal 33.4g 16.2g 6.8g 6.7g 10g 0.8g 211mg 61g 3.6mg