- 2 x 400g cans no added salt chickpeas, drained
- 6tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 4tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1tbsp sesame seeds, plus extra 2tsp
- 2tsp ground cumin
- ¼tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 300g baby carrots, trimmed, scrubbed and halved if large
- 2tsp maple syrup
- Spray olive oil
- 300g broccoli, cut into florets
- 100g radishes, thinly sliced
- 100g mixed baby spinach and rocket
- 1tbsp lemon juice, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 4tbsp hummus
- Whiz the chickpeas, parsley, mint, 1tbsp sesame seeds, cumin, bicarbonate of soda and 2–3tbsp water in a food processor until almost smooth. Shape the mixture into 16 falafels. Put on a plate, cover and chill for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 190ºC/fan 170°C/gas 5 and line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Put the carrots, maple syrup and extra sesame seeds in a large bowl and toss together. Arrange the carrots on 1 of the trays and spray with olive oil. Bake for 20 min, then add the broccoli, spray with a little more oil and bake for a further 15–20 min.
- A few min after putting the carrots in the oven, put the falafels on the second tray and spray with oil. Bake for 30–35 min or until golden, turning halfway through.
- Divide the radishes, spinach and rocket, roasted carrots and broccoli and the falafels among 4 serving bowls. Whisk the lemon juice, hummus and 1tbsp water together in a bowl. Drizzle over each bowl and serve with lemon wedges.
WRAP AND FREEZE the falafels for up to 1 month.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
350 17g 14g 1.9g 13g 9.6g 0.4g 234mg 31g 6.3mg