- 1 lemon
- 400g can chickpeas in water, drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 25g bunch fresh coriander, stalks and leaves chopped (reserve a few leaves unchopped)
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp ground cumin
- ½tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 25g bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves picked and chopped
- Cooking oil spray
- 400g mixed baby tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 2tsp olive oil
- 6tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1tbsp tahini
- 100g rocket
- 4 round wholemeal pittas, warmed, to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 and line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Remove the rind from half the lemon using a vegetable peeler, then slice the rind thinly. Slice the lemon in half, then juice (you need 2tbsp lemon juice).
- Put the chickpeas, onion, garlic, chopped coriander, ground coriander, cumin, baking powder, egg white, half the parsley and 1tbsp of the lemon juice in a food processor. Blitz until the mixture is finely chopped.
- Shape level tablespoons of the chickpea mixture into 16 balls and put them in the prepared tray. Flatten slightly and spray with oil, then bake for 16–20 min until golden and hot throughout.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, lemon rind, reserved coriander leaves, olive oil, remaining parsley and remaining 1tbsp lemon juice in a salad bowl. Combine the yogurt and tahini in a small bowl with 1½tbsp water and mix well, using extra water to thin if necessary.
- Serve the falafels with the tomato salad, rocket, pittas and tahini yogurt.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
299kcal 17g 7.4g 1g 10g 7.3g 0.8g 199mg 43.3g 5.1mg