- 3 small very ripe bananas, roughly mashed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 150g gluten-free rolled oats
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 350g frozen mixed berries
- 1tbsp xylitol or other sweetener, to taste
- Sunflower oil spray
- 3tbsp dried coconut flakes, to serve
- For the pancakes, put
the bananas, eggs, oats and ground cinnamon into a mixing bowl and whiz using a stick blender. There should be some texture in the oats, but the mix needs to be
- For the compôte, put the berries and sweetener in a small pan and heat gently for 5–8 min until softened. Add a splash of water if they start to catch.
- Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and put over a medium heat. When hot, add 2–3tbsp dollops of batter, spacing 4cm apart, in batches, to make about 12 pancakes. Turn the heat down to low and fry for 3–4 min on each side. You may need to flip them again to make sure they’re cooked but not too browned.
- Serve the pancakes with the compôte and a sprinkling of coconut flakes.
Vary it: Swap the cinnamon for vanilla extract.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
363 11.4g 12g 5.9g 9.4g 20g 0.2g 67mg 49.9g 3mg