- 1tbsp olive oil
- 8 low-fat pork sausages (we used Powter’s Skinny Pig)
- 4 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 100ml red wine
- 1 very low salt beef stock cube mixed with 500ml boiling water
- 150g spring greens, sliced
- 700g floury potatoes such as maris piper, cut into chunks
- 150g frozen peas
- Put the oil in a large flameproof casserole set over a medium heat. Fry the sausages for 5–8 min, turning often, until browned all over. Transfer to a plate. Add the red onions to the pan and fry for 1–2 min, then add the thyme sprigs and 100ml cold water. Cook until the onions are soft but still holding together.
- Put the flour in a bowl, add the wine
and whisk together until smooth, then stir into the onions in the pan along with the beef stock. Bring back to a simmer, then transfer the sausages back to the pan and cook for around 15 min, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened. Add the spring greens for the final 5 min of the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 15 min or until tender. Cook the peas in a separate pan of boiling water for 4 min. Drain the potatoes and set aside to cool slightly, then mash. Stir through the peas and season with black pepper. Serve the mash and peas topped with the casserole.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
521 35.8g 7.9g 2.5g 11.3g 14.7g 2.5g 108mg 66.3g 2.5mg