- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 80g barley couscous
- 160ml hot vegetable stock
- Small handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Small handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, white parts only, finely sliced
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded and cut into small dice
- 2 tomatoes, quartered, deseeded and diced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Put the oil in a small pan set over a low heat. Add the onion and garlic, stir, then cover. Sweat the veg for about 5–7 min, until soft.
- Add the cumin to the onion mixture and stir thoroughly. Cook for 2 min more.
- Put the couscous in a large salad bowl, add the onion mixture and pour over the hot stock. Cover with cling film and leave for 5–10 min to give the liquid time to absorb.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, then stir through the parsley, mint and spring onion. Stir in the cucumber and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and lemon juice with some freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over the couscous and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
322kcal 8g 13g 1.8g 5g 9.9g 0.3g 117mg 40g 4.6mg