- 300g penne
- 350g broccoli florets
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- Chilli flakes, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Small bunch of fresh basil, roughly chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 125g spinach
- 4tbsp finely grated parmesan or vegetarian cheese, to serve
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, adding the broccoli to the pan for the last 3 min. Drain, reserving a splash of cooking water, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick pan with a little oil and put over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until lightly browned. Add the chilli, garlic and tomatoes, bubble for 4 min, then stir in the basil and spinach.
- Combine the onion mixture with the pasta, broccoli and enough cooking water to reach the desired consistency.
- Serve topped with the cheese and basil.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
369 17.6g 4.6g 1.3g 9.8g 10.1g 0.3g 202mg 68.7g 4.3mg