- Cooking oil spray
- 1 small carrot, grated and excess liquid squeezed out
- 1 small courgette, grated and excess liquid squeezed out
- 30g dried breadcrumbs
- 350g extra-lean beef mince
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 2tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 75g reduced-fat halloumi, cut into 8 thin slices
- 4tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
- 5cm piece cucumber, peeled, deseeded, coarsely grated and excess liquid squeezed out
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 4 crusty bread rolls, halved horizontally and lightly toasted, 40g baby spinach and 100g roasted red peppers in water from a jar, drained and sliced, to serve
- Put a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and spray with oil. Add the carrot and courgette and cook, stirring, for 3–4 min until quite dry. Transfer to a large bowl and mix with the breadcrumbs, mince, egg, cumin and parsley. Shape into 4 burgers. Cover and chill for 20 min.
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and line a baking tray with foil. Put the cleaned frying pan over a medium heat. Spray the burgers with oil, then cook in the hot pan for 3 min on each side or until browned. Transfer to the prepared tray and cook in the oven for 10–12 min until cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, clean the pan, then return to a medium heat and spray with oil. Cook the onion for 10–15 min until soft.
- Heat a second non-stick frying pan and spray with oil. Fry the halloumi for 1–2 min on each side until golden. In a small bowl, mix the yogurt with the cucumber and garlic.
- To serve, fill each toasted roll with the yogurt mixture, spinach, a burger, some peppers, halloumi and onions.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
450 36.6g 16.4g 6.5g 4.4g 9.2g 2g 364mg 42g 4.1mg