- 1kg lean stewing beef, diced
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 50g ground almonds
- 25g fresh ginger, grated
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- 1½tsp ground cumin
- Good pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1½tsp turmeric
- 2tsp garam masala
- 250ml reduced-salt beef stock
- 500g reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2tsp cornflour
- 350g frozen peas or 200g spinach
- 350g basmati rice
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- 250g baby carrots, scrubbed
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Preheat the slow cooker. Put the beef, onions, ground almonds, ginger, coriander, cumin, chilli flakes, turmeric, garam masala and stock in the slow cooker. Cover and cook for about 4 hr on high or 7 hr on low until the meat is tender.
- When 30 min of the cooking time remains, mix the yogurt and cornflour together, then add to the slow cooker with the peas or spinach. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions and steam the veg.
- Serve the korma with the rice and steamed vegetables, garnished with coriander.
No slow cooker? Cook the curry on the lowest heat on the hob in a lidded casserole for 4 hr or until the meat is very tender.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
479 44.9g 10.6g 3.1g 8.2g 12.1g 0.5g 179mg 54.8g 6.2mg