- 250g pack cooked lentils (or a 400g can, drained very well)
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 40g dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 250g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1tsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 250g passata
- 600g broccoli florets, to serve
- 2 x 250g packs ready to heat brown rice
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. In a large bowl, mix the lentils, beef mince, tomato paste, oregano, breadcrumbs, egg, mushrooms and onions, seasoning with lots of pepper.
- With wet hands, divide the mixture among 6 greased mini loaf tins or a 1 litre greased baking dish. Put the dish (or tins) in a larger baking pan. Add a little boiling water to the larger pan (this helps cook the loaves evenly and keep them moist). Cook for 25 min (or 35 min for 1 larger dish) or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the peppers for 5 min until tender. Transfer to a blender with the passata and blitz until smooth. Return to the pan and heat gently for 2 min. Season with pepper.
- Steam the broccoli for a few min until tender, then set aside. Heat the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Serve the loaves drizzled with the red pepper sauce, with the broccoli and brown rice on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
393 29g 7.7g 2.1g 9.8g 6.7g 0.3g 114mg 46g 5.4mg