- Cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, diced
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 400g 5% fat beef mince
- 4 heaped tsp reduced-salt gravy granules
- 2tsp dijon mustard
- 100ml red wine
- 500g potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 350g cauliflower florets
- 3tbsp skimmed milk
- 2tbsp snipped fresh chives, plus extra to garnish
- 350g broccoli florets
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6 and put in 4 x 500ml ovenproof dishes (or a 1.5 litre baking dish) on a baking sheet to warm.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Fry the onion and mushrooms for 5 min or until softened. Add the mince and cook, stirring, for 5 min or until browned
all over. Add the gravy granules, mustard and wine to the pan along with 125ml boiling water. Season with black pepper and bring to the boil, then bubble for 2 min to cook off the alcohol.
- Meanwhile, steam the potatoes and garlic for 8 min. Add the cauliflower and cook for a further 6–8 min until both the potatoes and cauliflower are tender. Mash with the garlic, then stir through the milk and chives.
- Divide the beef mixture among the warmed dishes (or spoon into the large dish). Top with the mash, then bake for 5 min or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until just tender.
- Garnish the pies with extra chives and black pepper, then serve with the broccoli.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
339kcal 30g 7.5g 3.2g 8.5g 9.5g 1.1g 103mg 35.5g 4mg