- 1tbsp olive oil, plus extra to grease
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 150g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 400g 5% fat beef mince
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2tsp worcestershire sauce
- 125g frozen peas
- 650g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5tbsp skimmed milk
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, celery and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, for 5 min or until soft. Increase the heat to medium-high.
- Add the mince to the frying pan and stir with a wooden spoon to break it up for 4–5 min until browned. Stir in the tinned tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and worcestershire sauce, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover the pan partially and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 min. Stir in the peas.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10–12 min until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Reduce the heat to low and toss the potatoes until dry. Remove from the heat, then add the milk and mash until smooth.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Grease 4 x 500ml ovenproof, freezerproof and microwave-safe dishes with oil. Spoon the mince mixture into the dishes and top with the mashed potato. Put the dishes in a baking tray and bake for 15–20 min until the edges bubble and the potato is just golden on top.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
354kcal 28.1g 8.7g 2.8g 8.5g 15.2g 0.4g 95mg 43.8g 4.2mg