- 4tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 2tsp cornflour
- 500g lean rump steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1½tbsp oyster sauce
- 4tbsp hot reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1tsp caster sugar
- Cooking oil spray
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths
- 600g jasmine rice, cooked, to serve
- Put half the rice wine or sherry into a mixing bowl with the sesame oil and 1tsp of the cornflour. Add the beef, toss to evenly coat, then marinate for 10 min.
- 2 Put the remaining rice wine or sherry, the remaining cornflour, and all the oyster sauce, stock and sugar in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Spray a wok with a little oil and put over a high heat. Add the beef, in batches, and stir-fry for 2–3 min until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Spray the wok with a little more oil. Add the ginger and broccoli and stir-fry on a high heat for 2 min until the broccoli is tender but still crisp. Add the spring onions and stir-fry for 1 min. Return the beef to the wok with the reserved sauce and simmer for 2–3 min until slightly thickened. Serve with the rice and some steamed Asian greens, if you like.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
438 35g 9.1g 2.9g 2.8g 3g 0.9g 80mg 53.2g 4.7mg