- Cooking oil spray
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1tsp black mustard seeds
- 1tbsp coriander seeds
- ½tbsp cumin seeds
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 500g waxy potatoes, cut into 3cm chunks
- 500ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 3tbsp desiccated coconut
- 10 fresh or dried curry leaves
- 400g cooked beetroot, chopped
- 300g firm tofu, cut into large chunks
- Chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and set over a medium-high heat, then fry the onion for 10 min or until softened. Roughly crush the mustard, coriander and cumin seeds in a pestle and mortar, then add to the pan with the turmeric, chilli powder and cinnamon stick. Fry for 2–3 min until fragrant.
- Add the potatoes, stock, coconut and curry leaves to the pan. Cover and simmer for 15 min or until the potatoes are just tender. Remove the lid and cook for 5 min, then add the beetroot.
- Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and fry the tofu over a medium heat for 5 min, turning, or until golden. Add the tofu to the curry for the last 5 min of the cook time. Garnish with coriander.
TIP For big appetites, serve this curry with steamed rice.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
263 13.4g 8g 3.6g 7.2g 14.1g 1.1g 158mg 39.1g 3.6mg