- 150g wholemeal flour
- 100g plain flour
- 1½tsp baking powder
- ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g rolled oats, plus extra 2tsp for topping
- 2tbsp chia seeds (from supermarkets and health food stores, or order online)
- 2 eggs
- 2tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4tbsp date syrup
- 125ml orange juice
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 175g frozen berries
- 60g almonds, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases. Sift the flours, baking powder and bicarb of soda into a large bowl. Add the oats and chia seeds.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, date syrup, orange juice and vanilla extract until smooth. Add to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the berries and all but 1tbsp of the almonds.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cases. Mix the extra oats and reserved almonds and spoon on top of each muffin. Bake for 25–30 min until springy to the touch, then transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container and eat within 2 days, or freeze.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
182 5.9g 7.3g 1g 4.2g 5.4g 0.3g 65mg 24.1g 1.6mg