- 4 medium egg whites
- ¼tsp cream of tartar
- 175g white caster sugar
- ½tbsp cornflour
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- Icing sugar, to dust
- 50g frozen blueberries or blackberries (or a mixture), plus 50g extra to decorate
- 75g frozen raspberries, plus 50g extra to decorate
- 300g low-fat greek yogurt
- Finely grated zest ½ orange
- ¼tsp vanilla extract
- Handful fresh mint leaves, to decorate
- Heat the oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3. Line a 20x30cm swiss roll tin with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large, spotlessly clean mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric hand-mixer until they hold stiff peaks when the beaters are removed. Add the caster sugar, 1–2tbsp at a time, whisking the mixture back to stiff peaks between each addition. Whisk in the cornflour and vinegar.
- Spoon the meringue into the prepared tin and use a spatula to gently level it out. Bake for 20–25 min, then remove from the oven and cool for 10 min in the tin. Dust a piece of non-stick baking paper (roughly the same size as the tray) with icing sugar, then carefully invert the meringue on to it. Peel off the original baking paper and allow to cool completely for 2–3 hr in a cool, dry place.
- Meanwhile, whiz 50g blueberries or blackberries and 75g raspberries to a purée in a food processor, then push through a sieve into a jug (discard the seeds).
- In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, orange zest and vanilla extract with a metal spoon. Trickle three-quarters of the berry juices over the yogurt mixture and scatter over most of the mint, then fold in to create a ripple effect.
- Cut the extra raspberries in half. Cut a groove along one short side of the meringue to score it, about 2cm from the end, but don’t slice all the way through. Spread the yogurt mixture over the meringue, then scatter over half the raspberries, lightly pressing them in. Using the baking paper to help you, roll up the roulade from the indented edge. Still using the paper to support it, lift the roulade, seam-side down, on to a serving plate. Remove the paper, decorate the top with the extra blueberries and remaining raspberries, then drizzle with the rest of the berry juices and sprinkle with the remaining mint.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
138kcal 4.1g 1.2g 0.7g 1.4g 25g 0.1g 83mg 26g 0.5mg