User Review( votes)
- 500g fat-free greek yogurt
- Spray oil
- 2 large eggs
- 100g sugar alternative, plus 2tbsp for the topping (such as Natvia)
- 200g self-raising flour
- 2tsp vanilla extract, plus 1tsp for the topping
- 100g dairy-free spread (we used Vitalite)
- 125g apple purée (we used Biona)
- 250g mixed berries, to decorate
- Icing sugar, sifted, to dust
- Line a sieve with a clean, rinsed J-cloth or muslin, then put over a bowl. Put the yogurt into the lined sieve and transfer to the fridge for at least 2 hr.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Spray a 20cm cake tin with oil and line with non-stick baking paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, 100g sugar alternative, flour, 2tsp vanilla extract and the spread for 2 min until light. Add the apple purée and whisk in briefly.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25–30 min until the cake springs back slightly when pressed lightly.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for a few min. Run a knife between the cake and the tin, then turn the sponge out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Discard the liquid drained from the yogurt. Mix the strained yogurt with the remaining sweetener and vanilla extract, then spoon on to the cooled cake. Arrange the berries on top and dust with icing sugar before slicing.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
182 6.5g 7.3g 1.7g 1.9g 7.1g 0.4g 149mg 35.4g 0.8mg