- 125g black rice
- 1tbsp maple syrup, plus an extra 1tsp
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 750g peeled butternut squash, cut into thin wedges
- 100g rocket
- ½ x 25g bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Zest and juice ½ lemon
- 2tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½tbsp sumac
- 2tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 75g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions, then drain and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the maple syrup and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the squash and toss to coat thoroughly, then spread out evenly on the prepared tray. Bake for 30–35 min until tender.
- Put the cooled rice in a large serving bowl, then add the roasted squash, rocket, parsley and onion.
- In a small bowl whisk the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, sumac, mustard and extra 1tsp maple syrup. Pour over the salad and gently toss to combine. Top with crumbled feta and serve.
SWAP to wholegrain basmati if you can’t find black rice.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
146 5.3g 6.8g 1.8g 2.1g 7.9g 0.3g 100mg 14.7g 1.2mg