- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼tsp chilli flakes
- 450g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 200g cabbage, thickly sliced
- 200g fresh or frozen green beans, trimmed
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, halved lengthways then sliced diagonally, or small broccoli florets
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 very low salt vegetable stock cube, crumbled into 100ml boiling water
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 wholemeal khobez wraps, warmed and cut into strips, to serve
- Heat half the olive oil in a large deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and gently fry for 5 min or until softened. Add the garlic, thyme, chilli and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5–7 min until the mushrooms are softened. Remove from the pan.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan to a medium-high heat. Add the cabbage, beans and broccoli and cook, stirring, for 3–5 min until the cabbage starts to wilt. Add the chickpeas and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 min or until the greens are tender and the water has reduced slightly. Return the mushroom mixture to the pan and stir.
- Meanwhile, half-fill a medium frying pan with water and bring to a simmer. Crack 1 egg carefully into the pan and cook for 3 min or to your liking. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining eggs (cook 2 at a time,
if you prefer).
- Divide the greens, mushrooms and any broth among 4 bowls. Top each with an egg, sprinkled with black pepper. Serve with the warmed wraps
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
360kcal 22.2g 11.4g 2.3g 10.7g 8.5g 0.5g 227mg 36.8g 4.1mg