- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1kg skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 leeks, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1cm thick rounds
- 1tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp miso paste
- 2tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 6tbsp dry sherry
- 200g frozen soybeans or edamame
- 250g brown rice, to serve
- 500g steamed broccoli, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Heat half the olive oil in a large ovenproof saucepan over a high heat. Cook the chicken pieces in 2 batches, stirring, for 2–3 min until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and return to a mediumheat. Cook the leeks, celery and carrots, stirring, for 6–7 min until light golden. Add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Stir in the miso paste until well combined. Add the soy sauce, sherry and 250ml water and bring to the boil. Cover the pan and transfer to the oven for 45 minutes until the chicken is tender. Remove from the oven, stir in the soybeans or edamame and return to the oven for 6–8 min until heated through.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions. Serve the chicken with the rice and broccoli.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
454kcal 46g 12g 2.5g 11g 11g 1.2g 120mg 28g 4.1mg