- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp lemon zest
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 very low salt vegetable stock cubes mixed with 900ml water
- 350g broccoli, trimmed and chopped
- 300g frozen peas
- 100g low-fat soured cream
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
- 2tbsp pistachio kernels, chopped
- 4 slices toasted grainy sourdough bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Sauté the onion for 5 min or until soft. Add the garlic and lemon zest, and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Add the potatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 5 min. Add the broccoli and peas. Simmer, partially covered, for 10 min or until the vegetables are tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend the soup in batches until smooth, then return to a clean pan and reheat until hot. Season with black pepper.
- Combine the soured cream and mint leaves. Serve the soup with a grinding of black pepper and a dollop of the minty soured cream, sprinkled with the pistachio nuts and extra mint leaves, with the sourdough on the side.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
360 16.9g 9.9g 1.9g 13.2g 11.9g 0.9g 138mg 44.3g 4.1mg