- 500g sweet potatoes, cut into thin wedges
- Spray olive oil
- 4tsp gluten-free fajita, cajun or mexican spice mix
- 1 small onion, grated
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can no added salt red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 vacuum-packed cooked beetroot, sliced
- 50g baby rocket
- 6tbsp tomato salsa, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the sweet potato wedges on the prepared tray. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with 2tsp of the spice mix, then roast for 30–35 min until tender, turning halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, squeeze any excess liquid from the grated onion and put in a large bowl with the mince, the remaining spice mix and the garlic. Mix well until thoroughly combined. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into 10cm burgers.
- Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium heat. Add the burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10–12 min until cooked through, turning once. Meanwhile, put half the kidney beans in a bowl and lightly mash with a fork.
- Divide the sweet potato wedges among 4 plates and top with the mashed and whole beans, tomato slices, beetroot slices and a burger. Add baby rocket and serve with a little tomato salsa on the side, if using.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
410 31g 11g 3.1g 11g 13g 0.6g 142mg 41g 5.7mg