- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1–2tsp harissa paste, to taste
- 500g passata
- Zest ½ orange
- 200g frozen spinach
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans in water, drained
- 25g bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Handful fresh basil, chopped
- 4 crusty baguette slices, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 2–3 min, then add the garlic and carrots. Fry for a further 8–10 min until the carrots start to soften.
- Add the harissa and passata along with 100ml water. Bring to a simmer, then bubble for 5 min. Add the orange zest, spinach and butter beans. Simmer for a further 10 min or until hot, then taste and season with black pepper.
- Stir through the parsley and basil, then divide the stew among 4 bowls and serve each with a slice of crusty baguette.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
322kcal 15.2g 6g 0.8g 21g 16.1g 0.3g 93mg 39.4g 4.2mg