- 700g skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 2tbsp tandoori paste
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp garam masala
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp coriander
- 1tsp paprika
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 350g passata
- 250ml very low salt chicken stock
- 2tsp honey
- 4tbsp low-fat soured cream
- 300g basmati rice
- 200g sugar snap peas or mangetout, trimmed
- 300g bok or pak choi, trimmed and cut into 8cm lengths
- Combine the chicken with the tandoori paste in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hr or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3. Spray a large flameproof casserole dish with oil over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning, for 4–5 min until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 5 min until the onion softens. Add the spices and cook, stirring, for 1 min, or until fragrant. Stir in the tomato purée, passata, stock and honey, then bring to the boil.
- Return the reserved chicken to the dish. Cover and bake for 1 hr 15 min. Uncover the dish and bake for a further 30 min or until the chicken breaks apart easily and the sauce thickens. Stir in the soured cream.
- Towards the end of the cooking time, cook the rice according to the pack instructions in a pan of unsalted water. Steam the sugar snap and bok or pak choi until just tender. Serve the chicken with the rice and greens.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
391kcal 32.9g 5.8g 1.3g 4.7g 11.1g 0.8g 121mg 55.8g 4.4mg