- 2tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 pinches chilli flakes
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 20g capers from a jar, plus a splash of the caper brine
- 20g pitted black olives
- 60g dried spaghetti
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the garlic and 1 pinch chilli flakes and fry for about 3 min until the garlic starts to brown. Add the chopped tomatoes, capers, brine and olives, season to taste with freshly ground black pepper, then simmer for about 10 min.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling water according to the pack instructions until al dente.
- Use tongs to transfer the spaghetti to the sauce, along with a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water, and stir together. Sprinkle with the remaining chilli flakes and serve.
Recipe from Vegan One Pound Meals by Miguel Barclay (Headline, £16.99), out now.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
378kcal 10g 12g 1.8g 4.5g 9.5g 2.1g 49mg 52g 2.7mg