- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp caraway seeds or ground coriander
- 900g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock (made with boiling water and 4tsp reduced-salt stock powder)
- 75g red lentils
- 4tbsp almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- 2 x 210g garlic and parsley flatbreads, cut into 12 pieces
- Put the oil in a large non-stick pan and cook the onions and garlic for about 5 min, until softened.
- Add the caraway seeds (or coriander), carrots and celery and fry for 5 min.
- Add the stock and red lentils. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 min until the vegetables are tender.
- Purée the soup in a blender (or use a hand blender) to the consistency you like.
- Transfer the soup to warmed bowls, then sprinkle over the toasted almonds and garnish with fresh coriander. Serve with the garlic flatbreads.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
417 kcal 14.2g 16g 3.3g 9.3g 16.6g 1.6g 206mg 55.8g 3.2mg