- 300g carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 80g cheddar, grated
- 1tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4tbsp spelt flour or plain wholemeal flour
- Spray sunflower oil
- Fresh baby basil leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Put the carrots in a microwave-proof bowl, cover, then microwave on full power for 1 min. Allow to cool, then add the cheddar, thyme, egg and flour and stir to combine.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and spray well with oil. Put 16 heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture to the pan (you may have to do this in batches), pressing with the back of the spoon to slightly flatten. Cook, turning once, for 3 min each side or until golden. Garnish with thyme leaves and baby basil leaves, if using, and serve.
Nutrition per serving
51 2.4g 2.3g 1.2g 1.2g 1.4g 0.1g 45mg 4.6g 0.1mg Read more on how we calculate nutrition.