- 100g dark muscovado sugar
- 75ml sunflower oil, plus extra to grease
- 100g apple sauce
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150g carrots, grated
- 75g raisins
- 75g dried apricots, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 orange or lemon, plus 1tbsp juice for the icing
- 40g walnut pieces
- 240g self-raising flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 3tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm square or 16x24cm rectangular tin with baking paper. Mix the muscovado sugar, oil, apple sauce and eggs together in a large bowl. Stir in the carrots, raisins, apricots, orange or lemon zest and walnut pieces.
- Add the flour and cinnamon and stir to just combine. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 min or until firm to the touch. Cool slightly, then turn on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix the icing sugar with the orange or lemon juice in a medium bowl to make a runny icing. Drizzle over the cake before cutting into 24 slices.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
126 2.3g 5.3g 0.7g 1.2g 11.1g 0.1g 51mg 18.6g 0.8mg