- 200g grated carrot
- 100g ground almonds
- 225g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1½tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- Zest 1 orange and 3tbsp juice
- 3tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 60g currants
- 100g runny honey, plus 2tbsp extra to serve
- 500g pot 2% fat Greek-style yogurt
- 40g unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the grated carrot, almonds, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, eggs, orange zest and juice, olive oil, currants, the 100g honey and 200g of the yogurt until combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared tin, then bake for 1 hr–1 hr 10 min until the cake is golden and a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
- Put the remaining yogurt in a small bowl or sealed container, then sprinkle with the pistachios and drizzle with the 2tbsp honey. Cut the cake into 12 slices and serve each with a dollop of the nutty yogurt.
Nutrition per serving
Read more on how we calculate nutrition.
262 11.2g 12.2g 2.1g 3.7g 16.3g 0.2g 102mg 28.5g 1.7mg